COVID-SAFE practices are important and essential to our guests, owners and employees - and while we feel we need to joke to keep a little levity, we take 'Rona VERY seriously, while trying not to make it overly burdensome or unpleasant. If you value a Covid-Safe environment, we are THE establishment for you. If you don't, you're should please stay elsewhere. We value our health - and yours. While we understand some people don't agree with these regulations and practices, travelers and employees at Happy Rock Inn MUST follow them to be at our establishment, whether for a stay or an event. If you don't follow these rules, you could be refused service, and asked to leave. If you try to embrace them and work with us, you are our new best friend and generally a good human in our eyes.
Please remember that some of these practices are more of a pain in the ass to us,than they are to you. And, our employees are struggling with this like you are. But, if we all try together for the safety of ALL of our guests, visitors and employees, then we can kick this thing's ass. We appreciate your help with that. Besides that, these policies are non-negotiable whether you like them or not.
We practice COVID-SAFE. We're not kidding. To us, that means we follow government agency and healthcare recommendations (Federal, State and County guidelines as well as the CDC and WHO) generally as a rule, and particularly for operating a safe hotel and event environment for our guests and employees.
Because we're a small, boutique Bed and Breakfast, we have a big advantage in taking much greater care in ensuring our rooms, facilities and options are cleaner, more sanitized, and that our staff does a better job of following COVID-SAFE practices. Our rooms are deep-cleaned, fully sanitized and inspected twice (once visually and once under blacklight) before being made available to the public, to assure the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for guests and our staff.
By staying here, you agree in advance that failure to follow our Covid-19 policies represents a failure on your part, not on ours, and that you will hold us harmless in word and deed from any dissatisfaction you have related to our Covid-19 procedures. In other words, don't get shitty with us write us a bad review because you didn't read or don't follow our rules related to COVID-SAFE procedures. You're agreeing in advance to removal of any such behavior or review by proceeding to attempt to check-in.
BIG 'TAKE NOTE': As of June 30th, 2021, the state of Oregon no longer requires masks in businesses. And, if you're not vaccinated, well .... You're gambling with your life. We are vaccinated, and we encourage everyone else to be. We do ask guests whether or not they are, so that all of our guests can make a determination of who they want to be in close proximity to.
COVID-SAFE STARTS WITH US.
Our owner is immuno-compromised and at-risk of Covid-19 complications, so we have a personal motivation to follow COVID-SAFE procedures.
Our staff have all received specialized training on COVID-SAFE procedures such as proper hand-washing, sterilization techniques, special food and beverage handling procedures, and other sanitary procedures. Our employees are not allowed to work or be onsite if they are ill or exhibiting symptoms of illness in any way.
All staff wash their hands continuously throughout the day, it's a mantra.
Shared surfaces such as door handles, railings, furniture, fixtures, remote controls, light switches and trash cans are disinfected multiple times throughout the day and evening. Our public or shared restroom receives special and frequent attention, and during events we staff it with a bathroom attendant who cleans it after each use.
ENHANCED CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
We have implemented curb-side check in for your vehicle and will use a touchless thermometer prior to guest check in. We welcome your questions and inquiries.
Upon arrival for check-in to our property, all guests are required to self-declare their purpose for traveling for the stay, as well as their recent travel and wellness history. All guests will have to affirm verbally this information, and that they are free of any symptoms of illness. All Guests also agree to immediately notify us if they become ill while at Happy Rock Inn, or in the 2 weeks following their stay at Happy Rock Inn.
If a guest is unable or unwilling to complete the declaration form in writing at check-in indicating they and their party are healthy and free of symptoms relating to COVID-19, or if they refuse the terms and conditions of their stay, we will be unable to allow them to check-in per local county and state orders. Any payments made or owing would be forfeit without refund, and subject to our COVID-19 waiver policy which, generally, would not allow any refund on day of check-in.
Guests will have their temperature checked via touchless forehead thermometer during the check-in process, and agree to such checks at any reasonable time requested by the hotel. Any guest exhibiting an elevated temperature, or any sign of illness such as persistent coughing, signs of fever, or other illness can and may be refused service, including being asked to immediately check-out of the premises.
Once a guest is checked-in and shown a brief tour of their room and the facilities, hotel staff will no longer enter their room except by request or under special circumstance order of management. All facilities in the room will have been cleaned specifically with anti-bacterial cleaners containing bleach and other agents known to disinfect against the virus. If you have any allergies to any cleaning agent, please let us know. (NOTE: Environment is important to us here at Happy Rock, and we work hard to make our rooms and hotel very pleasant smelling and inviting. Please expect us to also use candles or other scent strategies to ensure our place doesn't smell like Pine-sol bathed Mr. Clean.)
OPEN DISCLOSURE: We won't require any documentation other than your ID, credit card and declaration, but please be aware that we require and keep records of each guest, their contact information and travel history, for the purpose of notification of all parties in the event of an outbreak. Upon being informed ourselves, we pledge to provide notice to any guest affected by Covid-19 or who may have inadvertently been exposed, for peace of mind and quarantine purposes. In other words, if someone stays here who comes down with the virus or it's symptoms, as soon as we are made aware we will personally notify any person possibly affected so they can take precautions or seek testing, as well as notifying the appropriate government and health agencies. Your peace of mind is important to us, and you have our solemn promise.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS ON-SITE
Due to how Corona-Virus spreads by breath and by touch, we must have some special approaches and considerations during this unique time. We appreciate in advance your consideration and cooperation.
Happy Rock Inn is first and foremost a social bed and breakfast. Our guests come here to meet others, make friends and have great experiences while visiting us and the Northwest. That experience is extremely important to us to maintain, and our policies are devised to maintain that experience safely in this unprecedented time.
We believe in protecting you, and you helping protect others. And, as much as it sucks, Guests will be required to wear masks in the interior public areas, BUT will be optional in the outdoor or open-air spaces. If a guest does not have a mask, we can provide a new, temporary surgical mask for free, or have nicer, washable custom-masks for a small fee charged to your room. "Indoors" mainly affects our great room and hallways, but also at times our event center and dining area if weather conditions prevent us opening them to nature.
Many of our guests meet and visit on our Sunset porch, or by the firepit, and masks there are optional. Our event center and dining area are also open-air normally, having huge glass garage doors which completely open to our beautiful terraces and party fire pit area. In those areas, where air-flow is good, guests have their choice.
All room reservations include a morning breakfast or brunch, served at your specified time from 7:30 am until 11:00 am each day. Morning coffee will be provided in personal carafes to guest rooms on a tray, or provided during breakfast or both. Guests will be able to take their breakfast in their room, in our dining area which allows great area for social distancing, or outside on one of our picnic tables which are spaced more than 10 feet apart. All of these options are great for social distancing and enjoying your meal in peace or to be able to visit with others. Guests who need breakfast to go or at times outside of these hours will be provided with a brown-bag to-go breakfast.
Condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup etc. will be individually wrapped to avoid common handling of dispensers. Food service, coffee, water and juices will be prepared and served by staff wearing masks and protective vinyl gloves.
Hand Sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap will be available throughout the facility, and we encourage it's use by all.
SPECIAL COVID CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT PROCEDURES
If you feel that you are sick or have been exposed in any way to an active case of Corona Virus, we will gladly postpone or cancel your reservation in line with our normal cancellation policies. We will always gladly postpone your reservation free of penalty at the rate guaranteed in your reservation. In the event that your reservation falls within our 72 hour cancellation window, we will offer you credit for the reservation which can be used at a later date within one year of the original reservation. In special circumstances, we may entirely waive reservation deposits that fall within our cancellation window without penalty, if discussed and approved with management.
Should you become ill while on-premise and need to check out, we will gladly offer you credit for the remainder of your unused reservation which can be used anytime in the following year. And then please, get the hell out of our hotel before you get everyone else sick. Eeek!
1. We are a full-fledged, licensed Bed and Breakfast – and we are all about your EXPERIENCE. We spend a lot of dedicated time on helping guests have a great time, much more than our guests expect – Just check out our reviews and you’ll get a good idea how well we do that. A hot, full breakfast is provided with your room, and we also provide other offerings like beer and wine, appetizers and evening meals upon request.
2. These rules apply 100% whether you read them or not, and they are non-negotiable. In full disclosure, we only have rules so everyone knows what is and is not cool and so we avoid people who act the fool.
3. Our Inn is not for the prudish or the uptight, and contains imagery, items, and attitudes which might offend those who are highly conservative or religious. If that is you, we’re probably not the place for you – unless of course you’re all pent up and looking for a place to finally let go…And if so, Welcome!
4. We love everyone, and warmly welcome people of all races, genders, ethnic backgrounds and persuasions. We’re all about our guests having a great time. Love, peace, acceptance, respect, laughter and good times are abundant here.
5. During the age of Covid, we have additional procedures and rules such as: Curbside check-in with travelers questions and touchless temperature check, which guests must pass to stay with us. By order of the Governor, guests and employees must wear masks in the public indoor spaces. We have a lot of hand sanitizer around, and we expect guests to use it. Etc. Etc. Don’t get us wrong – we want to preserve our cool vibe and our guests and employees at the same time. All of this is for your protection – and ours and our future guests.
6. By accepting these rules and policies, you agree that you’re going to be responsible for yourself, your impact on the experience of others, and you agree to not be a dick, nor steal, nor break or destroy anything, and to follow these easy rules…You’re also agreeing that if you don’t, we can ask you to leave, we can charge you a lot of money for the trouble, or both.
7. Happy Rock Inn is a REALLY COOL Bed and Breakfast, meaning we’re a hotel that serves food and beverage as part of the overall experience. We provide a higher level of service and social experience than a motel or Airbnb. We’re very much all about the experience, that’s what this stay is about. Expect to be warmly welcomed, and made to feel like part of the group – or enjoy quiet time alone recharging. It’s up to you. We are a bed and breakfast that caters to the personal experience – think of us as your own private hotel & restaurant – and we want you to come here, relax, and let us take care of the rest. We are not the place to stay if you’re wanting to cheap-out on the experience, haul in your own beer and food and cook everything yourself. Don’t do that, please. We also offer other great services such as special breakfasts or other meals, group parties or house take-overs, tours, backyard firepit parties, and special experience weekends where we focus on a particular activity.
8. Check in is at 4pm, check out is at noon. We do offer an early check-in or late-check out if possible based upon other reservations, circumstance, how nice you are and how much we like you.
9. Every customer is required to provide valid ID and a credit card at check-in. Your credit card will be kept on file at check-in as a deposit for services, meals, offerings, or potential usage or damages. With AirBNB customers, we must also collect a 6% Clackamas County Lodging Tax directly, because AirBnB does not collect it (AirBnb only collects Oregon Lodging tax, not county - Please Google if needed.)
10. Bedrooms lock, and you will be given a key to your room upon request. We also have a hotel safe we can keep valuables in for you. We generally won’t enter your room during your stay except to change out towels or trash, or unless you request us to. Keys must be returned at end of stay or there is a $25 replacement fee. Our rooms also feature a tray with chocolates and a special treat from us. The treat and chocolate are yours, but please don't take the trays. ($25 replacement fee.)
11. No Minors under 21, please. We lodge adults only. We love kids, but due to the adult nature of our décor and guest experience, this isn’t the place for them. And, we don’t want the little shits ruining our vibe.
12. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all.
13. We are 420-friendly on the Sunset Deck, the Back 40, or the Party Pit. Cigarettes are allowed outside only, and butts must be placed in a provided receptacle. If smoking bothers other guests, guests agree in advance to move it to a place where it does not. If we catch a person smoking or vaping tobacco inside the inn, we may and probably will charge them up to $300 in additional fees, and we may ask them to leave. Smoking is an outside-only sport and we’re pretty serious about that.
14. When possible, we love to socialize in the afternoon or evening, and we also sometimes have music or social hours in the evening if the mood is right. We love for our guests to get to know us and each other, and we love to have a good time. Please let us know what that means to you, so we can provide a great atmosphere. It’s very common for our guests to go out together, share and leave our inn lifetime friends, and sometimes we join them.
15. We provide a full, hot farm-to-table breakfast for our guests. Our menu varies – and sometimes we will have preset items, and sometimes we will take your custom order, just talk with your host. Coffee, Tea, water and fruit are always free. If you have select grocery or beverage items you prefer, we’re happy to stock your favorite food or beverage for your stay – just let us know in advance and we’ll pick it up especially for your visit. Special food or beverage arrangements can be made, just ask your hosts. Otherwise, we typically don’t see outside F&B unless it is privately in a guest room, and we generally discourage use of our kitchen for liability reasons. We don’t provide private refrigerator space, however we will rent you a cooler with cold packs for your room on a $10 per-day basis. We reserve the right to charge a corkage or food and beverage fee for guests who wish to bring out their own goods.
16. We also offer other services travelers need such as concierge service, wash & fold laundry service, personal shopping, tour guides, tours and more.
17. Our liquor bar is stocked by our guests and the owner. We invite you to add your own bottle of liquor to it by letting us know in advance what to stock for you, and if you do, we’ll invite you to partake in the Owner’s private bar as well. Be warned: Guests who their name on a bottle, we promise to drink that bottle first haha. We have a great selection of wine and beer for purchase. And, regardless of who’s alcohol it is, we reserve the right to cut anyone off for any reason at any time, especially if they are being a shithead.
18. We only allow dogs, one animal in the lodge per night, in our Swanky Suite only, and we have a $25 per night dog fee. Don’t get us wrong, we love dogs, but we must consider the impact animals can have. We reserve the right to disallow a dog stay for any reason at any time. Size, breed and disposition is always a consideration – for instance, our Bulldog hates Boxers – so, no Boxers ever, sorry. Dogs must be house-broken, and guests must supervise and pick up after their dog at all times. We charge ten million gazillion billion dollars per dog bomb left intentionally by a guest who looks the other way. Dogs are not allowed on the furniture or bedding UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE for any reason at any time (subject to an exorbitant cleaning fee if this rule is broken). We do have kennels and dog blankets available for sleeping on the floor at night. Service dogs including emotional support animals must follow the same rules as all the other dogs, including not being on the furniture but do not incur a daily pet fee if service animal criteria are met. If we find dog hair in the bed, we will charge a $250 cleaning fee.
19. Guests are responsible for their own safety at all times on the property. Hazards exist in the rock terraces, Sunset Deck and in the consumption of substances – and guests proceed at their own risk. By accepting these rules, guests agree to being 100% responsible for themselves at all times, and by accepting these rules agree to hold Happy Rock Inn and it’s agents harmless from any injury resulting from a stay on the property.
20. We reserve the right to exorbitantly charge guests’ credit card for damages, additional cleaning fees or any charge resulting from negative guest behavior, including missing, stolen or broken items. If you break it, you buy it. If a space rented from us requires significant additional cleaning or repair because of tenant conduct, we charge for it. Please don’t steal the towels or anything else, and please don’t destroy any of our property because you will be charged much, much more than it costs to replace it.
21. Our residence on the bottom floor, and garage, kitchen and pantry are all considered our personal space. Public areas have multiple cameras (evident and hidden) and motion sensors. You’re welcome to get a glass of water or something simple of the sort, but please let us know if there is anything else we can get for you. We take our personal space pretty seriously, and we reserve the right to ask anyone who violates it intentionally to leave without refund. We don’t tolerate late-night roaming or pilfering of any type.
22. We do have cameras in all the public areas inside and outside our home which record all activity, for the safety of our guests and our property. Our house is alarmed and monitored. We do have hidden cameras in our personal areas to catch and prevent theft and damage. We absolutely do not have any recording devices or hidden cameras in personal guest quarters.
23. We do sometimes take photos and videos of good times in our public areas, with guests and friends new and old. You’ll know because we’ll be obviously taking a photo. If you do not want your photo used publicly, please notify us at the time we take the photos, otherwise your acceptance of these rules means you give us permission to record and use your image.
24. We value our awesome neighbors, and they value us. We ask that you please respect them, their property and their peace and quiet at all times.
25. Quiet time in the house is sometime after 11pm weeknights and midnight on weekends, unless all guests are on board. It’s generally whenever everyone decides to head off to their room. We always ask everyone to be considerate regardless – especially late night or early morning. Our party room is on the opposite end of the house from the bedrooms, is very soundproofed from the rest of the house, and socialization can go on there until the wee hours without disturbing other guests. The Sunset Deck or backyard areas are also available for late-night hang-outs as long as it’s kept fairly quiet and you don’t disturb anyone – please remember the neighbors. Lights out means that lights are out for the night, it's quiet time and guests should keep to their rooms so as not to disturb other guests. Watching tv in the great room is allowed if it is kept quiet and does not disturb guests or host.
26. We hate making rules that affect everyone for just one person, so please help us avoid that. At the end of the day, this is our home and business, we love our visitors, and we want you to treat us like we treat you: With respect. Help us help you have a great time – that’s what we want! We are the coolest hosts ever, and we hope and appreciate if you are the coolest guests ever. Relax. Breathe Deep. Kick your feet up. Enjoy.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
17246 Southeast Oatfield Road, Portland, Oregon 97267, United States
09:00 am – 05:00 pm
09:00 am – 05:00 pm
09:00 am – 05:00 pm
09:00 am – 05:00 pm
09:00 am – 05:00 pm